11Alive/WXIA-TV is seeking a full-time, highly skilled, experienced Host with a mind for producing great television to join the Atlanta & Company team. If you have a talent for connecting with and relating to people from all walks of life; are a curious, community-oriented storyteller with a dynamic personality; and are a high-energy collaborator bursting with ideas, Atlanta & Company wants to hear from you.
Atlanta & Company is the only locally produced, live, lifestyle sales integration show that brings daytime viewers an intimate look at the faces, places, and things that make metro Atlanta thrive. As the Host, you will interview interesting people, highlight the hottest hangouts, amplify local events, and help our audience discover products and services that improve their daily lives. You’ll produce and host content for all platforms and enterprise original segments from the community that bring people together.
• Host a live, lifestyle integration TV show five (5) days per week in studio or on-location
• Prepare for all segments by thoroughly researching topics, clients, and guests
• Work with clients and sponsors to develop integrations that achieve their business goals
• Coach clients and guests who may be new to the television process
• Host in-the-field, remote interviews, and segments – whether live or pre-recorded
• Collaborate with producers on generating ideas for show content and paid segments
• Produce, write, and edit one segment per show
• Assist with vetting, contacting, and booking guests
• Assist producers with writing intros, tags, and teases as needed
• Proofread show scripts and graphics as a second set of eyes for the senior producer
• Write articles for the web, post photos and video content to social media, and respond to comments on Atlanta & Company platforms
• Act as a sales representative for the show with the ability to earn commission
• Represent Atlanta & Company and 11Alive at community and non-profit events
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Producer or Director of Marketing
• Dynamic on-air presence, sense of humor, with an energetic and positive attitude
• Excellent writing for broadcast, digital and social platforms
• Strong communicator and collaborator who fosters relationships and teamwork
• Prioritize multiple, daily responsibilities in a deadline-driven environment
• Create on-air rapport with a diverse group of clients and guests
• Proficient in, and actively using, social media channels, e.g., Facebook, X, Instagram
• Ability to edit video, videography skills a plus
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience hosting or reporting on a talk or lifestyle show
• Hands-on experience with ENPS or similar news production software
• Hands-on experience with Edius non-linear video editing and Adobe Photoshop preferred
• Must be willing to work in Atlanta GA. This is not a remote position.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.