Website Fox5 Atlanta
The News Trainee will learn the basics of television news writing and newscast producing in preparation for full-time regular employment at a broadcast station.
· Write scripts for FOX 5 Atlanta newscasts as assigned by newsroom producers and managers
· Write and coordinate reporter live shots and live talk-back interviews
· Build graphic elements for news broadcasts under deadline
· Assist in control room during newscasts
· Assist with digital responsibilities including creating web stories and social posts on multiple platforms
· Assist assignment editors by monitoring incoming e-mail, monitoring scanners, answering telephones and performing other duties as directed by newsroom managers and staff
· Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Communicates clearly, effectively and politely with the public in person and over the phone
- Learn newsroom computer system post hire
- Basic computer skills are required
· College degree preferably in Journalism or Broadcasting, and be a recent graduate (within one year or less).
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.