Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Fill‐In/On‐Call News Producer
This is a temporary opportunity to fill-in as a Radio Host occasionally with WABE. (This is not a fulltime or permanent position)
The fill-in News Producer will substitute for the regular News Producer as needed by the station. This temporary position requires experience in news script writing, audio editing, show timing, guest booking, interviewing and reporting both local and state news in accordance with NPR style. As a news producer, responsibilities include but are not limited to generating news ideas, present enriching stories, and an ability to respond to breaking news. This position is supervised by the host/senior producer. Air shifts may vary and dependent on needs of station management, but not be limited to weekday mornings, midday or evenings (to include holidays).
- Works under the direction of host/senior producer
- Books sources for interviews and edits for broadcast.
- Generates creative programming ideas and gathers audio for show as needed.
- Works in cooperation with the news department to compile stories and live, on-air presentation of local content for news programs. This will be a combination of in-studio production, interviewing (some live), coverage of special news assignments as directed, working with technical equipment related to broadcasting, participating in mandatory on-air fundraising.
- Works on deadlines and attends planning meeting as needed.
- Participate in all radio fund raising activities and related production as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Editor and Station Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA Degree and minimum of three years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record in gathering news, anchoring/reporting, writing scripts as well as interviewing and production.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and producing news content (Ability to use desktop editing, studio production equipment, and reporter field kit).
- Must be able to set up and engineer two-way interviews.
- Must be able to quickly make judgments and know how to analyze what is newsworthy.
- Must develop understanding of NPR’s newsmagazine clocks and how best to utilize local news breaks to ensure local and national sound and quality uniformity.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are a must in this position.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Public Broadcasting Atlanta 740 Bismark Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30324 Fax: 678-553-3026 Apply online at: www.wabe.org Email: email@example.com EOE
AETC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.