Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: Executive Producer/Director of TV
Conceptualizes, develops, researches and writes intellectual and creative content for various uses as determined by PBA; assigns and schedules Senior Producers, Producers and Associate Producers.
- Conceptualizes, develops, researches and writes intellectual and creative content to create compelling television programs in production at PBA.
- Schedules and interviews subject matter experts for background and factual information. Conducts research on internet, at libraries, museums, historical archives and similar facilities.
- Directs field shooting sessions to ensure that production goals set by supervisors are met. Tasks include, but are not limited to time, picture and audio quality, subject matter and tone/mood of final product.
- Ensures that programs are produced on time, on budget, and with adherence to quality standards, copyright protection, and federal guidelines for public television.
- Creates program formats.
- Determines the order of production elements leading up to program creation and the order of events within a show once program production begins.
- Directs program editing to ensure visual cohesiveness by assessing narrative and visual content; writes narrative based on visuals obtained.
- Schedules and assigns full-time, part-time and freelance producers videographers and editors.
- Guides overall look, theme and graphic design associated with assigned projects.
- Translates creative content from initial video format for the web, radio, print and production.
- Provides expertise for PBA projects that may not be for broadcast.
- Adheres to PBA Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs additional related assignments made by Station Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Television Production, Theater, Communication, Journalism, English or other appropriate field. Masters. A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials.
- Seven years of experience producing programs for a commercial and/or public broadcasting station.
- Strong script writing skills. Ability to tell a story in a compelling, conversational way with great accuracy while adhering to PBS rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of broadcast equipment, word processing programs, spreadsheet usage, and general computer skills.
- Ability to present new and innovative ideas to diverse groups. Ability to produce, communicate, and present an array of ideas in the development of programs for new and existing audiences.
- Ability to effectively represent the Station at various meetings. Ability to work with individuals in varying capacities in and outside of the station.
- Knowledge of FCC regulations & federal/state laws governing broadcasting
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required (up to 15lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Please send resume, cover letter and demos to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.pba.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com