Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Executive Producer -14026
11Alive is looking for a creative and experienced Nightside Executive Producer for our late evening newscasts in Atlanta.
This person will work collaboratively to execute a vision for our newscasts, focusing on urgency, impact, and innovation. The ideal candidate is driven by finding and breaking stories of substance that matter to our audience, while maintaining high standards when it comes to quality control, storytelling, and investigative excellence. This person works to manage and inspire all employees who contribute to the overall success of the station, including reporters, producers, and anchors.
- Work with news management to set team’s strategic priorities and effectively manage the newsroom
- Lead the nightside team in bringing timely coverage and conversations to our shows in an engaging and exciting ways
- Utilize audience research and digital analytics to help make editorial decisions
- Aggressively pursue breaking news for all platforms
- Assign daily stories and projects to reporters, photojournalists, producers, and anchors and monitor story development
- Oversee and coach team on the format/structure of show, so it doesn’t feel like a traditional newscast
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources
- Lead other special projects when required
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Attend manager meetings and work with team to develop best practices
- Perform other tasks as needed
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in news supervisory role
- Strong editorial/journalistic judgement
- Driven, organized leader who can articulate show vision each day
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.