The Executive Assistant may support multiple senior leaders in a fast-paced media environment. The successful candidate will maintain a professional and supportive attitude while regularly resolving complex administrative problems and effectively managing all aspects of their assigned duties.
- Provide direction and prioritization standards for the screening of the executive’s mail, email, voicemail and appointments.
- Reasonably anticipate executive’s needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and other resources to support the executive in addressing issues.
- Independently assists with presentations for the executive staff.
- Handle confidential information which, if shared would have immediate negative impact on the company operations, performance, or value beyond its intended audience.
- Receive and initiate extensive, regular outside contacts on behalf of the executive with executives and boards of directors of other companies, regulators, elected representatives,
charitable boards, and customers.
- Interpret departmental policies and procedures, making decisions on specific operating problems and issuing instructions in the name of the departmental and divisional head in
accordance with departmental precedents and policies.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the administrative aspects of the Executive’s office functions.
Heavy travel coordination and must be flexible to last minute changes. Must be able to optimize travel plans for cost and time savings.
- Prepare agendas and minutes prior to meetings (may require collecting agenda items from teams), take detailed notes.
- Process inventory orders and purchase orders for the executive staff. Must retain and organize electronic documents/records.
- Manage executives’ calendars including proactively rescheduling meetings to accommodate travel requirements.
- Coordinate meetings/events—catering, reserving venues, managing internal/external invitations through Outlook.
- Managing and collecting receipts/invoices to process expense reports in timely and accurately manner.
- As needed, coordinate sales and executive level recruitment, including phone and off-site interview schedules. Assist in the new hire on-boarding process and build orientation training
- Maintain some routine reporting and distribution.
- Oversee and manage office including; general office area, kitchen, etc.
- Maintain some routine reporting and distribution.
- Initiate and coordinate call for recognition of staff for monthly awards.
- Comfortable with occasional last-minute errands and lunch runs for Executives.
- Comfortable with after-hours communication and availability.
- Available to assist across departments in various administrative needs.
- Requires a business/office management background generally equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a business or secretarial related field.
- Five (5) plus years administrative experience with at least three (3) years spent working with executives, preferably direct line responsibility to a C-level Executive(s), preferably in an early
stage media and/or high-tech environment.
- Previous experience supporting the finance and marketing department is a plus.
- Assignment typically requires a detailed knowledge of organization’s operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
- Demonstrate ability to anticipate executive’s needs, always thinking outside the box and two steps ahead.
- Work well with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in an extremely fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and proficiency in business vocabulary to effectively represent the executive and the company to outside parties.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and decision-making skills to respond to high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrate time management skills to plan, manage, and coordinate executive’s activities and major functions.
Extensive experience/expertise in the following:
– MS Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook (Intermediate skill level)
– Salesforce (plus)
– Catering & event coordinating
– Travel arrangements
– Expense reporting
– Calendaring for multiple executives
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE