Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Executive Administrative Assistant
Working for the President & CEO, the Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for effectively managing responsibilities that often require being trusted with complex duties and sensitive information. A critical component of this role is to provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance and allowing the CEO to focus on decision-making and higher-level responsibilities. This role also serves as a link between the CEO and the rest of the staff, and to contribute to better organization and planning, along with helping the CEO to be more effective in their role.
The Executive Administrative Assistant’s main duties include prioritizing correspondence, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively. Our ideal candidate also has previous experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant and understands that a number of responsibilities require confidentiality and a high level of professionalism.
Essential Duties Include:
- Schedule and provide assistance for all AETC Board and Committee meetings.
- Assist the President & CEO in preparing reports.
- Compile and distribute Board and Executive Committee briefing packages.
- Prepare minutes for Board meeting and gather committee notes.
- Ensure CPB compliance related to open meetings for Board and Committee meetings. • Coordinate meetings with department heads and AETC Board members.
- Maintain filing records for all critical AETC correspondence.
- Perform various functions of a routine nature (such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications)
- Be representative for President & CEO at meetings as needed.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents and reports.
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing refreshments or meals when necessary.
- Answering incoming phone calls in a polite and professional manner and accurately taking messages.
- Managing the executive’s day-to-day calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Coordinating travel arrangements and create trip itineraries.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
740 Bismark Road NE wabe.org Atlanta, GA 30324 atlantapba.org 678-686-0321
A member supported service of the Atlanta Public Schools · Managed by the Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc.
Atlanta’s NPR and PBS Stations PUBLIC BROADCASTING ATLANTA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school education required and at least (7) seven years of experience as an executive administrative assistant.
- Must have superior and proven writing capabilities, as well as correct grammar knowledge. • Excellent verbal, written communication skills and excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to type at least 45 WPM, with good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite. • Must be able to multi-task, be prompt, professional, goal oriented, and able to meet deadlines. • Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, pay close attention to detail, problem solve and make solid business decisions.
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed. • Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Exposure to outside elements during course of work to be expected to perform essential functions.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org .