Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: Editor Videographer
This position is responsible for the overall technical quality of edited material. The Editor will be responsible for editing video footage from remote and studio productions, as well as promotional elements, and providing completed materials to traffic. The Editor is also responsible for taking various image sources in both videotape and digital formats and assembling those pieces together to create finished productions that meet the quality standards of WPBA and PBS. This position will also require flexibility in performing roles in different productions, such as studio and field camera operation technical director, and audio operation. The work schedule may occasionally require long days, as well as irregular hours.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the visual quality of all edited material meets industry specifications for color, hue, video and black levels, making adjustments and corrections where appropriate.
- Ensure the audio quality of all edited material meets industry specifications, free of over modulation, sibilance, and audio hits, is clean sounding and clear to the ear.
- Follow direction from producers and TV personnel, in edit sessions as well as in the field and work to determine appropriate footage to use when creating various programs and promotions.
- Work collaboratively with production in maintaining station music library and video archives.
- Must demonstrate flexibility in being able to shoot ENG video, as well as perform studio duties such as camera, audio and technical directing.
- Performs basic maintenance activities for editing equipment.
- Operate various ingest equipment, DVD burning and graphics software, scanner and web streaming components. Must be able to transfer footage and images to FTP folders and removable media.
- Provides feedback to production staff and field crews regarding technical quality of production tapes.
- Provides timely information to engineering staff regarding equipment problems.
- Makes dubs of programs and/or footage as needed.
- Provides expertise for PBA projects that may not be broadcast.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Television Production, Communication, Journalism, or an appropriate field supplemented by three years of experience in broadcast editing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform quality television editing, with Avid Media Composer and Interplay experience a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines for project completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge in linear, non-linear edit systems and sound generating software.
- Knowledge of state of the art edit techniques and the ability to provide strong storytelling and the conveying of a vision for an edited piece based on direction from supervisory personnel.
- General computer skills with a focus on visual and aural importing and exporting.
- Demonstrated ability on technical disciplines such as studio and ENG camera, audio and technical directing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to take direction and communicate artistic differences.
- Must possess a working knowledge of various television formats and broadcast equipment.
Requirements: Strong presenting skills, detail oriented and must possess excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter. Must be able to operate with flexibility, remain calm under pressure, be proactive and be results oriented. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 50 lbs.), filing documents, climbing, storing equipment and working around high voltage equipment. Proper lifting techniques required. Working in spaces/rooms with various temperatures and lighting, confined spaces, and broadcast equipment as found in a typical technical broadcast environment in addition to working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperatures.
Please send resume, cover letter and demo reel to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.pba.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com