WXIA/11Alive is seeking a Full-Time Video Editor. Strong candidates understand how news video exists on-air and digital. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to create high quality content that meets deadlines.
• Creative story telling of the highest journalist standards.
• Editing a variety of video elements including voice-overs, SOTS, packages, graphics and teases
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop) is a plus.
• Must have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
• Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material, while constantly monitoring quality control.
• Must have experience as a non-linear editor – preferably in a local TV news department environment.
• Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and overtime as needed.
• We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.