Digital Video Field Producer (4499/3521) Atlanta, Georgia
11ALIVE DIGITAL FIELD PRODUCER:
11Alive is looking for great digital field producers to help redefine the way news is presented. We’re looking for self-starting journalists with proven reputations who are ready to create unique, exciting and shareable content on all platforms. Our ideal candidates possess expert social media skills and have a proven track record of mining social data to find and develop stories. These journalists will take part in every aspect of storytelling on all platforms. They’ll discover stories, shoot and edit content as well as have the ability to write for on-air, social media platforms and online. This is an in-the-field intensive position, and digital field producers will be expected to cover multiple stories each day.
In this role, you will:
- Use social media mining tools (CrowdTangle, TweetDeck, Dataminr) to discover unique content
- Develop great sources and contacts.
- Develop numerous story ideas daily
- Shoot, edit and write news stories for all platforms (on-air, online, social media).
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner on all platforms
- Occasionally appear on-air to debrief story
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Produce investigations that are unique and captivating.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise investigative stories.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and videos.
- Live stream news events daily online and on social media, with heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Here’s what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience with CAP, LexisNexis and NICAR
- Experience with producing stories daily on digital platforms
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 46 stations in 38 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and 32 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit davidcareers.com.