· Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
· Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) and be quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
· Flexibility to perform duties
· Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
· Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time on site, using headline testing, metric tools and observed patterns to guide decision making
· Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly producing short videos and choosing great photos.
· Evaluate website traffic trends to make decisions on both daily content needs and longer-term content curation that will grow local audience.
· Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and creating opportunities to market web content on broadcast.
· Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Position requires work with and in close proximity to others. Position will require you to prioritize and multitask daily while handling occasional but sudden changes in direction and priority. Position will require willingness and ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently. You must be able to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.