Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Database Administrator / Developer
Reports to: Director of Technical Operations
The Database Administrator / Developer position requires in-depth experience implementing complex data import, export and query functions using Blackbaud products, specifically Raiser’s Edge NXT and Luminate Online. The Database Administrator /Developer is responsible for the implementation of the donor tracking eco-system. In addition, the Administrator will collaborate with the Director of Membership Operations to implement policies and procedures and develop an effective staff training strategy on the utilization of its fundraising and reporting applications.
- Responsible for ensuring overall database integrity and accuracy, including, configuration (uploads, exports, upgrades, imports and/or global changes to the database), gift administration (management of campaigns, appeals, package codes and gift coding) and database administration (managing user profiles, troubleshooting database issues) within the database.
- Expertise in a variety of data management tools, reporting systems and informatics, including MySQL, and SQL.
- Assist in development, efficiency improvements and implementation of database policies and procedures for data security and integrity. Maintain environment metadata reporting frameworks and identify trends within the environment to further increase efficiency.
- Manage online gift integration between Luminate Online and RE NXT.
- Identify, analyze, and trace technical data processing problems. (Interact with Blackbaud to resolve problems as needed)
- Directly responsible for providing the custom reporting needs of the management team and vendors such as providing data files for; direct mail, email, telemarketing campaigns, event registration, newsletters, annual report letters, etc.
- Provide data for benchmarking analysis, including Donor Centrics, Quarterly Dashboard, PBS Quarterly report, SABS, Greater Public Benchmark, National Surveys (CDP).
- Works closely with Fundraising, Digital and IT staff (system health and troubleshooting, shared projects, support tickets, user account management)
- Data manipulation and analysis skills – accurately perform intermediate level queries based on specified conditions across a large dataset. Understand and account for nuances unique to internal data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology, with focus on business practices/administration, computer science or information systems or related field preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in a fund-raising environment preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience with Raiser’s Edge data management or an equivalent constituent relationship management software platform.
- Current Blackbaud certification desired.
- Advance knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Luminate online and database integration preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel. Experience with pivot table creation and updating preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have expert experience working directly with MySQL, SQL or other relational databases.
- Working experience with scripting tools.
- Familiarity with data warehouse, Bots, and mining tools such as Frakture, Tableau, etc.
Requirements: Strong instructional and presenting skills. Consistent and strong attention to detail. Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must have impeccable time management skills. Demonstrates strong sense of urgency when issues arise. Demonstrates excellent service to internal and external customers. Must possess proven ability to trouble-shoot and work with vendors to swiftly resolve issues. Demonstrates strong technology instructional skills and an interest in being part of an interdisciplinary team. Motivated and excited by streamlining, automation, and overall interest in skill development with a “Digital First” approach to development and data management.
|Detail Oriented||Presentation Skills||Organizational Skills|
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.