OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
Are you a recent college graduate looking for a dynamic opportunity to work at a #6 DMA station (temporary – 6 months)? We are hiring a Creative Services Trainee who will assist the team on our new show “Portia”.
Does this sound like you? You desire to learn new techniques. You’re creative and have a passion for digital and social media platforms. You love a fast paced environment and can work under the pressure of deadlines.
Responsibilities: Assist Creative Services Department in creating and publishing multi-platform promotional content in support of FOX 5’s social/digital initiatives and new show, “Portia”.
- Plan social content to promote launch of “Portia” show
- Serve as lead creator of social content promoting weekly episodes of “Portia”
- Provide social/digital content ideas for upcoming projects during creative pitch meetings
- Solid understanding of content creation tools within popular social apps
- Ability to write engaging social copy across various channels
- Capture social content during promotional image campaign shoots
- Solid news judgement and a grasp of local news, politics, and current events
- Cut video/sound and create graphics as needed for social content
- Create, write and schedule promotional emails within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Assist Digital Content Marketing Manager in weekly social posts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing, production and social content creation skills
- Team-player mentality with excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Passionate about social media
- Knowledge of television and studio production
- Basic computer skills are required
College degree preferably in Journalism, Broadcasting or Digital Media. Must be a recent graduate (within one year or less).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.