Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer
The CTO for PBA will be an innovative, creative, collaborative and technically driven professional who is responsible for strategizing the broadcast and information technology systems that are used across media platforms (TV, Radio, Digital) and the organization. This position will oversee the daily technical operations, while strategically keeping the organization at the forefront of technological trends. The role includes advising, implementing, managing, budgeting and being hands on. Also includes successfully navigating technologies and forward planning to identify necessary equipment replacements and up-grades. The position will also oversee the areas responsible for the maintenance and installation of broadcast and IT equipment, to include systems and equipment utilized at the transmitter, in the studios, control rooms, server rooms and edit suites. This position along with the engineering and IT departments will work closely and collaboratively throughout the organization and with external partners.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Sets and establishes high quality technical standards and priorities that are aligned with business goals, mission and vision.
- Staff and project management, mentoring and training.
- Prepares budget for fiscal year, for projects and equipment/system purchases.
- Works with Senior Leadership team to inform and provide advice on technological needs of the organization, new technology capabilities, objectives and solutions.
- Develops technology strategies and planning for short and long-term.
- Oversee both IT and Engineering areas and their maintenance, diagnosis, repairs along with the testing and installing new equipment.
- Analyzing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems.
- Setting up and operating equipment and transmission links during remote broadcasts.
- Interpreting and implementing instructions and requests from producers, directors and other colleagues or external partners.
- Communicating effectively with members of the team and other colleagues.
- Keeping up to date with the industry and changes in technology by building and maintaining a network of contacts and investigating new systems and techniques.
- Ensures that there’s a first call response process for broadcast, on-air and information technology emergencies ensuring all incidents and service requests are properly resolved and documented.
- This position will provide assistance in maintaining the broadcast technical infrastructure and provide labor for project execution and installation.
- Insure compliance with all FCC regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience, including education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position (such as IT, broadcast, video and audio experience).
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in electrical engineering, computer sciences or a related discipline.
- Must be familiar with FCC Rules and Regulations regarding broadcast.
- Strong supervisory and management experience.
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects and large budgets.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills, along with exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Creative, collaborative and innovative professional with can do attitude that translate ideas into action.
- Ability to explain/describe complex technical terms and projects in easy-to-understand terms to non-technical personnel.
- Familiarity working in IP including local area networking, file handling, and protocol management as it relates to the broadcast environment.
- Experience in electronic engineering and using communication equipment.
Requirements: Strong presenting skills, detail oriented and must possess excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter. Must be able to operate with flexibility, remain calm under pressure, be proactive and be results oriented. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 25 lbs.), filing documents, climbing, storing equipment and working around high voltage equipment. Proper lifting techniques required. Working in spaces/rooms with various temperatures and lighting, confined spaces, and broadcast equipment as found in a typical technical broadcast environment in addition to working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperatures.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com