Nexstar Inc.’s WSAV in beautiful Savannah, GA Market #89 seeks a Chief Engineer. As the station exists today, the building and infrastructure are effectively functioning and in excellent condition. Significant major projects have all been completed in the past four years, but there is always more to do. The Savannah market is an enjoyable place to live, work, and play. Great weather all year a healthy local economy, reasonable housing prices (for now), and some of the best food you will enjoy, make Savannah a highly desirable location.
The Chief Engineer oversees the day-to-day operations of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the maintenance of all broadcast technology and equipment at the station.
- Manages all aspects of the Engineering Department
- Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Engineering Department
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
- Ensures station compliance with FCC rules and regulations, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations applicable to the station
- Works with corporate leadership to develop and implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
- Manages the information technology staff and system
- Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
- Works with corporate leadership to manage engineering and technology capital projects to the established budgets
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Minimum five years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment, with at least three years’ experience in a leadership role
- Experience guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Experience maintaining the broadcast transmitter and RF skills
- Strong PC/MS Office experience
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing, and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.