Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
JOB TITLE: Broadcast Engineer
SUMMARY: PBA seeks a dynamic, self-motivated and customer service focused individual to be responsible for projects assigned, with the ongoing, assessment, installation and maintenance for the uninterrupted operation of all broadcast and production systems of ATLPBA-TV, WABE-FM and Cable Channel 22.
- Maintain and operate the electronics and broadcasting equipment that keeps the stations on the air and maintains a high standard of television and radio station technical performance.
- Fix cables, wire electronic equipment, design the layout of antennas and broadcast equipment/tower, etc.
- Upkeep and maintenance of radio studio equipment, television studio equipment and post-production operations.
- Perform software and hardware updates, tests, installation and set-up as needed.
- Take log readings from radio and TV transmitters and ensure clear transmission between receiving antennas and broadcast towers.
- Ensure station is in compliance with federal and local regulations.
- Provide ongoing assessment installation and maintenance of all radio and television broadcast equipment to include RF, IT, analog, digital, production, and editing for ATLPBA-TV, WABE-FM, and Cable Channel 22.
- Assists in the management of the spare parts inventory.
- Assists in the training of the technical operating staff as required.
- Find and repair technical faults as quickly as possible, with minimum loss of service.
- Teach and encourage best production practices and workflows.
- Troubleshoot unexpected situations confidently, calmly and effectively.
- Write and update documentation for user support guides.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Three (3) years’ experience in broadcast IT/engineering installation, maintenance and operations required.
- Thorough knowledge of FCC rules, regulations, and operating standards required.
- Must have a working knowledge of audio and video server systems.
- Knowledge of audio over IP a plus.
- Expert knowledge of common broadcast tools (equalizers, compressors, noise reduction, etc.)
- Experience in RF and fiber optic transmission systems installation and maintenance desired.
- FCC General Class License and/or SBE Certification required. A+, Network + Certifications are a plus.
Atlanta’s NPR and PBS Stations PUBLIC BROADCASTING ATLANTA
740 Bismark Road NE wabe.org Atlanta, GA 30324 atlantapba.org 678-686-0321 atlantaplanit.wabe.org
A member supported service of the Atlanta Public Schools · Managed by the Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc.
- Available for 24-hour on-call.
- Experience in design, repair, assembly installation, and analysis of electronic systems to include IT, RF, fiber, satellite, analog, and digital.
- Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work on strict deadlines.
- Ability to climb ladders, work in tight spaces at great heights to repair equipment.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be a clear communicator, detail oriented and highly organized.
- Change/Adaptability/Flexibility- Adapts to change that benefits PBA, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Communication- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, promptly shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate, has active listening skills, can negotiate and persuade as needed.
- Results Focus/Initiative- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility, provides leadership/motivation.
- Collaboration- Works collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals and positive results. Listens to others and values opinions. Is open with other team members and expresses disagreement constructively.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Climbing ladders to work on satellite dishes or to install cable and coax. Some walking on level and un-level surfaces periodically throughout the day, while carrying technical equipment. Some reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting may be required to file documents, store materials and equipment throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. Lifting may include up to 50 pounds for technical equipment. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Submit resume and cover letter to: Public Broadcasting Atlanta Attention: Human Resources 740 Bismark Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30324 Fax: 678-553-3026 Apply online at: www.wabe.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.