Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non‐profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, ATL PBA. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Assistant Accounting Manager Seeking an experienced and detail‐oriented Assistant Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. You will prepare financial statements, verify financial records and transactions, prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, assist in the annual financial audit, and develop paperwork for regulatory reporting. The position will be responsible for all financial reporting and tracking aspects related to our billing and revenue processes. The ideal candidate has at least 7 years of professional accounting experience with a track record for providing accurate and efficient work.
- All financial processing related to revenue from Underwriting sales:
o Underwriting billing and revenue recognition process for radio, TV, and all other digital
and new media areas o Account tracking, aging reporting, and overall support for the Underwriting team o Calculation of commissions for Underwriting Account Executives.
- Billing and revenue recognition for Membership, ISDN utilization, rentals, and other revenue activities
- Verifying and posting general ledger activity
- Reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month‐end close procedures
- Producing error‐free accounting reports
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Providing continuous process improvement recommendations for better integration of the various management systems that support financial processes and record keeping
- Participating in financial standards setting and in the financial forecast process
- Assisting the Director of Finance in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for managers, department heads, and senior leadership
- Analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status
- Providing input into department’s goal setting process
- Assisting the external audit and tax return preparation
- Providing timely and accurate information in response to any inquiries
- Managing and training the Accounting Assistant
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Atlanta’s NPR and PBS Stations PUBLIC BROADCASTING ATLANTA
740 Bismark Road NE wabe.org Atlanta, GA 30324 atlantapba.org 678-686-0321 atlantaplanit.wabe.org
A member supported service of the Atlanta Public Schools ꞏ Managed by the Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: A successful Assistant Accounting Manager combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate also has experience collaborating and/or managing a team.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience managing small teams or projects
- Billing and revenue recognition experience
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month‐end/year‐end close process
- Hands‐on experience with accounting software packages, like Abila MIP, QuickBooks,
- Advanced MS Excel skills such as Macros, VLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables, Index/Match etc.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Respects and maintains confidentiality
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off‐site in accordance with station policy on off‐site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off‐site work conditions are lifted.
Submit resume and cover letter to: Public Broadcasting Atlanta Attention: Human Resources 740 Bismark Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30324 Fax: 678‐553‐3026 Apply online at: www.wabe.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.