Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more atwww.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
WRBL TV-Columbus, Georgia / Nexstar Media Group has an immediate opening for a Local Account Executive
The Account Executive works within established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and Digital Business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
Outside Sales Advertising is preferred. Good written and verbal communications skills are essential.
Employee must attend station marketing events.
Excellent follow-up and strong organizational skills are needed with close attention to detail for our customers.
Sales is a faced paced and sometimes stressful environment.
We need a highly motivated Candidate that is willing to work hard and be a resourceful, self-motivated multi-tasker.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills – Hardware: Laptop Computer, IPhone and IPad.
Technical Skills – Software: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel
Wide Orbit & Strata Software is a plus.
Minimum Education: Some College with Marketing & / or Advertising
Minimum Experience: 1-5 years of Sales Experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Local Candidates are needed.
You must have your own car along with a Valid Driver’s License and Good Driving Record.
Pre-Employment Background Screenings are required.
Please use the Job Link below to Apply
First Time Users must create an Account then apply for this Job and Attach your Resume.
To apply for this job please visit broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com.