Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, ATL PBS and AtlantaPlanIt. For more information on the broadcast/digital services, programming and other opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: Account Executive
Summary: This position sells the services/products, brand and/or reaches trade agreements for PBA (ATL PBS & WABE90.1FM) under the supervision of the VP of Underwriting. Works on projects and business relationship with accounts while exceeding customer’s expectations. Sells PBA brand and services using technical, organizational, and customer service knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
- Determine marketing/account strategies & goals for product and service.
- Obtaining & coordinating data & information from staff and member groups.
- Researching and developing lists of potential customers.
- Doing market research to determine customer needs & providing information to other staff.
- Evaluating product & service marketability in terms of customers’ needs
- Following up on sales leads and developing leads.
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and developments that effect target markets.
- Establishing & maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales.
- Working with sales support and staff to establish a communication path.
Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
- Developing sales and marketing proposals for customers on products and services.
- Making presentations to users.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities & industry trends.
- Making regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads.
- Acting to close deals & finalize contracts, while meeting established sales quotas and revenue goals.
Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Producing regular reports & final plans for Supervisor’s approval.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market plans.
- Monitoring, analyzing & communicating sales data.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers.
- Communicating openly, honestly and constructively, while treating others with dignity and respect
- Taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust, respect concerns and problems.
- Asking for information needed to perform job responsibilities.
Suggest new processes, tools, methodologies to ensure sales program’s success across department. Communication with prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline. Telemarketing, cold calling, appointment setting and proactive contact of new & existing clients. Administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer service is maintained. Performing other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES: At least two years of underwriting or sales coordinator experience required, preferably in the broadcasting industry. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Demonstrated knowledge ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale. A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of broadcasting industry trends. Ability to sense and relate observations to business opportunity.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyzes, and rationalizes interpretations, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and members of the business community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS & REASONING ABILITY: Understanding of basic accounting principles and functions. Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Subject to weather related conditions.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Public Broadcasting Atlanta Attn: Human Resources 740 Bismark Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30324 Fax: 678-553-3026 Apply online at: www.wabe.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.