Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Managing Editor of Newsgathering
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
11Alive, TEGNA’s NBC station in Atlanta, is looking for a Managing Editor of Newsgathering to lead our team of newsgatherers in discovering, coordinating and planning news coverage for our viewing area. Ideal candidates should be veteran journalists who are leaders in the newsroom and have a strong gut for stories that are urgent, impactful and newsworthy to our audience.??
This position is integral to all parts of the newsgathering process and should set the tone for aggressively covering breaking news, consistently following up on stories as they develop, and constantly asking, “what do we need to cover next?”?
A strong candidate should have a collaborative spirit and be an excellent problem-solver, impeccably organized, and comfortable multitasking and prioritizing. A calm demeanor under pressure and tight deadlines is also a must.?
This role will report to the Director of Digital Content.
- Managing and supervising a team of multiplatform producers and the newsgathering process
- Managing news coverage calendars
- Planning ahead for both short-term and long-term projects and events
- Hiring, onboarding, training and coaching multiplatform producers
- Delegating tasks to multiplatform producers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of journalism experience with an emphasis on, and proven track record with, breaking news
- Strong editorial and news judgment
- Impeccable organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Both a team player and a team leader
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of AP ENPS preferred
- Familiarity with the metro Atlanta market a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.