The Census wants to place ad buys in areas of Georgia with lower response rates
- Refer to the multiple page instructions at the link above the map for answers about specific entries on the form.
- If you have multiple stations with varying formats, complete an RFP for each station.
- If you have one station that serves multiple audiences, complete an RFP for each target audience.
- You can potentially get some of the audience measurements needed from prior census numbers if you do not subscribe to a ratings service. County population numbers can be found at this link. Many questions are related to Adults 18+. You can certainly find that number at this link.
- You must complete the Non-Disclosure Agreement that is near the end of the RFP form. You won’t be able to submit your proposal without having done so.
Suggestions for Answering Specific Questions
- MEDIA VENDOR: your company name
- A18+ FREQUENCY: estimate your total audience if you don’t have access to ratings
- CROSS CHANNEL: yes if you have multiple stations
- FLIGHT DATES: indicate now through October 31
- TARGET DEMO: list your station’s target demo (i.e., A18-54/Male and Female)
- AUDIENCE REACH: 100%
- A18+ REACH: (go high with your answer, census data at link above might be helpful)
- COMPOSITION: (go high)
- SHARE OF VOICE: How much of your inventory will you sell them?
- GEO TARGETING: choose “Local” or “Regional”, based on your coverage
- MARKET TYPE: choose “Local” or “Regional”, based on your coverage
- MARKET NAME: list all the counties you serve that are NOT blue on the map above
- UNIT RATE: net rate of spot cost
- COST METHOD: if you do not have access to ratings, choose CPS (cost per spot)
- PRIMARY UNIT AMOUNT: number of spots you are proposing for the flight
Upload Some Documents
There is an opportunity to upload some documents to support your proposal.
Upload your coverage map(s).
Compose a letter that addresses how your station(s) is positioned to help with the following:
“Hard to Count” populations
Households with children under age 5
“Hand Delivery” of Census materials (letting your audience know this is underway)
“Non Response” counting (letting your audience know this process is underway)
Also, note that 18-28 year old males are considered “Hard to Count”. If this demo is a large part of your audience, you should say so.
In this letter, include the counties in your coverage area that are targeted in this ad buy (NOT BLUE on the map). Click on the map so, you can make reference to the current numbers by county and that you know you can help increase the response rate.